Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Modern block design

A while ago, Jane of Want It, Need It, Quilt It, asked me to participate in her Desperate Housewives Quilt.  She has been designing all kinds of lovely 8 inch blocks for this quilt, and has asked some guest bloggers to do the same.  I couldn't believe it when she asked me!  I have never really designed a block before and modern isn't really my style, although I do appreciate it.  So I began to think and think and think.  I had one idea almost immediately, but it seems pretty plain.  So I decided I needed some inspiration.  Where did I go?  Where do I go for almost anything I need - Target.

I can't seem to get out of the place without 10 extra things in my cart.  This day was no different.  The baby and I were there for baby wipes and cereal.  We left with a cart full of stuff. BUT, I also did see a bunch of stuff that had modern designs that I found interesting.  Here are a few:





Now, nothing I saw seemed better than my original idea, but I plan on taking a few more pics here and there before sitting down to my sketchbook and coming up with the final submission which is due in March.  (Yes, that means soon!)  Stay tuned!

And don't forget to check out yesterday's post for a GIVE-A-WAY!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.