Monday, March 19, 2012

Hands2Help

As Karen pointed out the other day, sometimes doing something EXTRA is nice during Lent (or other holidays, heck, shouldn't it be any day).  So in that spirit, I have decided to join Sarah's Hands2Help Challenge.  I know I need another challenge like I need a hole in the head, but this one strikes a cord in my heart.  I know I have mentioned my niece that has been having an extended stay at the hospital.  Well, the truth is that she has AML Leukemia and despite just finishing her last round of chemo, has been having a rather rough week.  So she is on my mind almost constantly.  It made the decision to join this challenge rather easy.

Sarah has chosen two different charities that you can make quilts for.  One charity is the NOLA project, which sends quilts to St. Bernard Parish in New Orleans, which despite the time elapsed, is still feeling the effects of Hurricane Katrina.  I know the people in that area could use a little comfort - like the comfort of a quilt wrapped around them.

The second charity is called Happy Chemo, which provides quilts for chemo patients.  I have committed myself to make a quilt for this second charity because I know how much comfort a quilt can be to someone going through chemo, or even a family member watching someone going through chemotherapy.  If I am able, I will also try to make a quilt for the NOLA project as well.

If you have ever thought to yourself, "Hey, I'd like to make a charity quilt, but I don't know who to give it to", or even if you have a few finished quilts lying around that don't have homes....I invite you all to visit Sarah's Blog Confessions of a Fabric Addict to learn more about the Hands2Help Challenge.

Quilt on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.