Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Sneak Peek

As promised, I did accomplish some sewing today!  Now, I should have worked on my Hands2Help quilt, but my border fabric has not arrived yet and somehow that just killed my motivation to start on the machine appliques.  So, instead I broke out my charm pack and layer cake of Good Fortune by Kate Spain and started cutting.   I decided to make a few gifts and I doubt these pictures will give anything away...



Now before I go any further, I would like to mention that my pre-cuts did not say "for personal use only" anywhere on them.  Of course, these items are going to be for personal use as gifts.  I am not selling them, nor am I benefiting financially from posting a picture of them. I just don't want Ms. Spain coming after me!  You know what I mean???

As glad as I am that whole Kate Spain mess is over, I agree with Leah Day's post from last month, that in a way it is a shame that it did not play out it court.  The whole thing raises a lot of questions that add stress to the quilting community.  For that reason, I doubt that I will be buying anymore of her fabric.  It is a bummer because I really like her designs.  Just my personal choice of action, people!  I know many people that feel passionately about one side or the other. 

Changing the subject...when you have bought pre-cuts in the past, has this happened to anyone else??




I was looking through my layer cake to pick out some of the duplicate prints and I find that one is completely missing about 1 1/2 inches!  I know it says on the package that some variation can occur, but an inch and a half!!!  And I counted, this isn't an "extra" square.  It's also not the first time this has happened to me either.  I had a charm pack recently that was missing part of a square.  Thank goodness I wasn't following a pattern that needed each square inch of fabric!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for providing that link to Leah Day's post (and revisions, and Kate Spain's comment). Wow! I knew that had happened, but a good write-up!

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.