Friday, June 15, 2012

Only time will tell - Finish Friday

Well, not quite finished.  But, you really didn't expect it to be done did you?  This is me we are talking about!


My teacher's quilt is all appliqued, sandwiched and waiting for quilting.  Yes, that is a hair bow covering up the teacher's name, it is not part of the quilt. I am planning to machine quilt her name and the year into the quilting motif.

It has been a while since I have done any hand applique.  As therapeutic as it felt, it was rather slow going!  And, this finish is going to have to wait a while longer, because....

I am taking little vacation!  My eldest daughter and I are travelling this week to Northern Michigan to visit some friends and family.   I wish the trip was longer, but it should be enough time to get some mother/daughter bonding accomplished.  I'm not sure if I will have the ability to post while on this little trip or if I will have anything post-worthy when I return.  Only time will tell!

Have a great week!

Jen

Linking up today with There and Back's Handmade Parade

There and Back

3 comments:

  1. This is looking lovely - it's a beautiful gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Jen! What a lovely teacher gift I haven't even thought of teacher gifts yet, but we've still got two weeks of school, so I guess I can still get them done!
    Thanks for linking up to The Handmade Parade!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from the handmade parade! That will be a lovely gift. Have a fun vacation with your eldest!

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.