Friday, July 5, 2013

3rd quarter goal setting - 2013 Finish Along

OK, so I posted the 2nd quarter progress report, so you knew a post with the 3rd quarter goals was coming, right?

Since this quarter includes nearly a month away from my machine and the start of school in August, I am trying to be realistic in my goal setting.  "TRY" being the key word.

Here it goes:
  • Finish Gigantor - this is a summer weight quilt for my king sized bed.  It would be nice to finish it while it is still summer!  It is nearly done so it shouldn't be difficult to finish it by the end of the quarter, especially if I decide to machine bind it (I imagine a king sized quilt would take me nearly a week to hand bind).Gigantor quilting in progress
  • Finish my Sewing Mat - I started this one at the end of June, but ended up choosing a design with several components including some handwork.  So, it is taking a bit longer than I originally thought.
  • Sewing mat WIP
  • Beginner QAL quilt - Goodness, I am sick of typing this one.  The best solution for that problem is to get it finished and OUT of my house.
  • BQA top WIP
While not really part of the Finish Along, I also have:
  • Bee commitments and BOM's - luckily a few of my bees finished up last quarter, so my list is smaller
    • Star of Africa Bee - MUST catch up!!!  I have at least 5 blocks to finish
    • Lucky Star BOM - I think I have 5 months worth to finish
    • Simply Solids Bee - 1 block per month, so 3 for the quarter
Not really a huge list for this quarter, especially since most of my projects are already out of the piecing stage.  That said, somebody slap me if I don't get them finished!

Thanks for reading today,

Jen



Linking up with


she can quilt

3 comments:

  1. Popping over from a Lovely Year of Finishes! Your king size quilt is giNORMOUS....(is that a word)...I bet it will be beautiful on your bed. And I love the pinks! They are adorable. Can't wait to see your progress at the end of the month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos to you for making such a huge quilt. I wouldn't even attempt it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with that gigantic quilt, everything else will be a breeze after that :)

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.