Saturday, July 20, 2013

Vacation edition 2

We only have a few more days of vacation.  We've really been enjoying ourselves.  What's not to like with a little of this everyday....

Maui sunset

and this.....

Ashley flying into pool
and occasionally this too.....

Me with a resting sea turtle

I'm beginning to wonder if this vacation will ever end.  That's a good sign, right?

Don't forget that Craftsy is having a summer sale through 7/21.  Each day has a different set of classes discounted.  Some classes are a really great deal.

Craftsy
Craftsy Sweet Summer Sale 7/17-7/21

There are a couple of really great classes in today's selection:
  • Free Motion Feathers by Angela Walters - her classes are fantastic, but this one covers those elusive feathering skills.  Angela is really good at explaining how to quilt designs and gives you the confidence to try them out.
  • Quilt As You Go Patchwork Bag by Tara Rebmen - one of my pre-vacation regrets was that I didn't finish up one, or a few, of these bags.  They look so versatile and attractive.  Plus I enjoyed learning some techniques in addition to the quilt as you go method, including installing a magnetic snap and two kinds of zippers.  I really like this project and am warning you guys in advance that several bags are going to be made by me when I return home.  They may be my go-to Christmas gift for several of my friends.
Until next time,


Jen

3 comments:

  1. the holiday look great, and the turtle, how amazing is it that you saw one on the wild!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see a turtle "in the wild" How very fun. And, you will be glad to know I used your link and bought yet more Craftsy classes. They are the best. Your vacation looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.