Sunday, April 12, 2015

Inspirational Sunday (5) - via Road to California 2015

Hi everyone!  I've been busy designing and testing paper pieced block patterns for an upcoming class I am teaching to my guild, and I guess it has me in a bit of a paper piecing appreciation mood.  So...here are some lovely paper pieced wonders from the 2015 Road to California show.

This first one is just amazing!  It is called "Outta the Loop" by Karen Machetti and Eyvonne Smith of Port St. Lucie, FL.

"Outta the Loop" by Karen Machetti and Eyvonne Smith of Port St. Lucie, FL

It's a shame that the table was in the way!  The bottom of the quilt is equally amazing.

Here's a closer look.

close up of "Outta the Loop" by Karen Machetti and Eyvonne Smith of Port St. Lucie, FL


Check out that wonderful quilting too.

Here is gorgeous star quilt called "Going Green" by Patricia C. Robertson of Reedley, CA.  I love the addition of the appliqued leaves.

Going Green by Patricia C. Robertson of Reedley, CA

The stars themselves are Carol Doak's patterns, but Patricia designed the rest.  So lovely.

And then there is this tiny wonder!  Sea Breeze by Pat Kuhns of Lincoln, NE.

Sea Breeze by Pat Kuhns of Lincoln, NE

Yep! That is some tiny piecing, and as you can see it won 1st place in the miniature category.  The Mariner's Stars and the sashings are both foundation pieced, and then the Mariner's Stars are appliqued onto the background.  I like tiny, but this is really tiny!

And now for something a little less intricate, but equally as lovely.  Floating Jewels by Tanya Heldman of Los Angeles, CA.

Floating Jewels by Tanya Heldman of Los Angeles, CA

I just love the quilting and modern look of this quilt.

What about you?  What kind of paper piecing do you like best?


Thanks for reading today,



Jen

1 comment:

  1. I don't have the patience /attention to detail/ spacial awareness that's needed for good PP so I stick to EPP, but those are gorgeous, especially the top one

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.