Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Stormy Blue Geese in the Forest blocks - Building Blocks Tuesday


Geese in the Forest for Lizzie


Ahh, the first official blocks of 2016.  These Geese in the Forest blocks are for Lizzie in my Lazy Bum Flying Geese bee.  Lizzie wanted to create the feeling of "stormy blues" with low volume backgrounds.  I hope she likes what I did here.

These are some of the blocks that I was supposed to finish by October of last year, and are part of my 100 Day Challenge.  I was only supposed to complete 4 of these small 6 inch blocks, but I felt like adding an extra to say "sorry for my tardiness".

You will be seeing more of these Geese in the Forest blocks.  Three of the ladies in the bee chose this particular pattern for their Flying Geese project.  So, you will be seeing them again, but in different colors and soon!  As I mentioned in my 100 Day Challenge post, I really want to get these blocks done FIRST and then I can move on to my next challenge guilt free.

Choosing one goal to do this month fits in nicely with another challenge going on over at Red Letter Quilts.  The OMG, or One Monthly Goal, Challenge was cooked up by Heidi for the new year.  I guess shorter time frames was on everyone's mind!  I missed the cut off for adding my flying geese blocks to her link ups for January, but it is my goal to complete by the end of the month.  If you like the idea of breaking your 3 goals up into monthly challenges, please go visit Heidi and join in on her fun too.  My group was meant to be more of a support group, but having twice the support isn't a bad thing!  There is no reason you can't do both, and she even has prizes!  Just sayin!

What blocks have you working on this week?  I would love to see.  Link up your fabulous blocks.  You put a lot of hard work into them - show them off!  This free linky will stay open until the first Monday of next month, but I will repost it every Tuesday until a new month starts.


Quilter in the Closet

Rules:

1) Please link up only to the page in your blog showing your wonderful blocks, not just the blog homepage.  Flickr and Instagram pictures are also OK.
2) Make sure to put your blog name as the description so people know where they are going or the name of your block!
3) Please grab my button and post it in your blog post or sidebar.
4) Visit other linky participants!

And don't forget!  The 100 Day Challenge Kick Off post was last Wednesday!  There is still another day to link up, though you will have less than 100 days until the finale, so don't wait!



Thanks for reading,

Jen






3 comments:

  1. Really liking all the different sizes and shapes of the geese, not seen long skinny ones before, they are great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving those stormy blues Jen! Congratulations on ticking off the first finish for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these blocks are really cute -- I got some sewing in this week for a surprise mini for a friend and I'm still working on that more blogging goal.

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.